Over the past six weeks or so, the babies and I have been spending more and more time in the church nursery during the service. Kyle and Emily don't like to just sit and be held very often any more and they like to use their voices! This is all fine and dandy.... but it doesn't go well with having the babies in church. Our doctors recommended not putting the babies in the nursery at church until they were six months old.... and I really haven't been ready for it either. But because they were getting harder and harder to keep in the service at church, Kyle, Emily, and I have been hanging out together in the nursery during the service. It's been good for me to get to see the way things are done and get to know some of the people working in the nursery.
We were going to leave them in there last week, but there was no church due to Hurricane Irene, so we planned on it this week.
We took Emily and Kyle into the service with us to start. Church starts at 10:30am and they needed to eat about 11:00am. I'm not really a fan of letting other people feed them, and they really don't like to eat for other people most of the time. So, we planned on keeping them with us in the service until they ate their bottles. Brent and I both fed a baby during the singing and such. Once they were done and started to want to play, I took them into the nursery. I hung out for a little bit, as Emily wasn't too happy a first. Once the babies were content and playing (Kyle on the floor and Emily sitting with one of the workers), I went back to the service! I really didn't pay too much attention during the rest of the service as I was worried about Emily and Kyle. When we picked them up after the service, we were told they did fine! Yay babies! Emily was still being held when we got back, which kind of bothered me (because we all know how much Brent and I are against Kyle and Emily being held a lot), but they were both happy and content without us for a little while!
No comments:
Post a Comment