Friday, August 26, 2011

Bye Bye Family Vacation

Grandpa Eubank was sad that he had to say "Good-Bye"

Emily decided she wanted to stay on family so that she could cuddle with Great Grandpa Cary!

Bye Bye Grandma and Grandpa Eubank

Grandma and Grandpa Eubank with their FIVE grandbabies! Can you find the fifth?
(It's in Alyssa's belly on the far left of the picture!)

We left the beach house just after 8:00am and were to the airport by 9:30am. We drove a car and left it in the parking garage with the key locked inside for Brent's dad to pick up later that day. We got to our gate about 10:30am for our 11:40am flight. As we were getting the tags to gate check our stroller and car seats, our flight was delayed until 2:30pm. Not ideal, but not really a big deal.... We went and found a place for me to pump and then headed back to our gate. As we were getting back to our gate, we were informed that our flight had been canceled! Thankfully the lady at the desk thought of us right away when she saw our flight was canceled and booked us on the next flight available. That flight was scheduled for 8:15pm and we got two of the eight seats left on the flight. We wondered around the airport, stopped here and there to let the babies play on their blankets, found food, wondered around some more, found places for me to pump for the babies could have milk, and so on.
The "highlight" of the day.... I was sitting with Kyle and Emily by my self while Brent went to get something to eat. We were sitting at a pretty empty gate and had our stuff all spread out everywhere and Kyle and Emily were laying on their blanket rolling around and playing. Four ladies came up and sat in the chairs right by where we were sitting on the floor - I was a little annoyed they had to sit so close to us because there were so many other open seats. Then they started making faces and playing peek a boo with the babies - again, a little annoyed, but not a big deal. Then one of them started getting REALLY close and acting like she was going to touch Emily. I asked her not to touch her and then she decided she wanted to hold her. She said "I hold?" and I said "No Way" and picked up both babies and put them and all of our stuff in their stroller in about 20 seconds and we were out of there. Crazy people!
Our flight got delayed sometime in the late afternoon, and eventually took off at 8:40pm. We landed in Philly about 11:30pm (our time... Chicago is an hour behind us) and by the time we got all of our stuff and got it loaded into our ride's car and got home... it was almost 1am. When we got home, I pumped and we fed the babies and put them to bed.
It was a VERY long day! We spent 11 hours in the airport! Kyle and Emily did very well!

Today was another long day! My pump started having issues on vacation and the battery pack (so I can pump without being plugged in) stopped working. I called this morning and was able to get a new pump. They wanted to mail me one, which normally wouldn't be a big deal.... but it wouldn't have been here until Monday or Tuesday and Irene (the hurricane) is supposed to be here on Sunday and there is a VERY good chance that we are going to not have power for several days. I was able to go buy a new one, and I just have to send in my receipt and they will refund me my money! I am very thankful that it was an easy solution!
So, we had to go to Babies'R'Us to get a new pump and Kyle had physical therapy this afternoon. Kyle and Emily did not want to be in their carseats or stroller at all today! But we made it through and now Grandma and Grandpa Franks are here to visit and help us make it through Hurricane Irene!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory