Thursday, March 31, 2011

Little Piggies

Here's the birth announcement we made for Kyle and Emily.
Kyle and Emily are eating like crazy... it amazes me that a couple weeks ago we were having problems getting the babies to eat even an ounce and now Kyle is pretty much consistently eating 3 ounces at each feeding and Emily is eating 2.5 ounces are each feeding.

We don't go back to the doctor for another two weeks, so I don't know how much they weigh now, but I am sure they are gaining and growing!

Emily's belly button stump fell off last night! Now both of them can have real baths :)

Bath time tonight was better - neither one of them like to have their clothes taken off, but as soon as they were in the bath, the stopped screaming and seamed to be enjoying themselves. But then once I took them out, they started screaming again until they were all wrapped up in their towels. And then they screamed again when I put lotion on them... I think they just don't like to be cold. Emily got some more clothes today that fit her thanks to Great Grandma Johnson! She now has five outfits instead of three!

I tried nursing again today. The lactation consultant at their pediatrician's office had suggested that I try every couple days to see if they are any more interested and willing. Once they are, she suggested nursing one feeding a day for a couple days, and then slowly add more feedings. The first try, they both latched on for about five minutes at the same time. I was pretty excited - then Kyle decided he was done and wanted his bottle. The second time I tried I tried to feed them separately. Emily did amazing and latched on for 25 minutes and ate until she was full. Kyle on the other had... he was so excited to eat that he had problems latching on, so after 10 minutes of trying, I gave the poor boy a bottle so he would calm down. We're gonna keep trying - hopefully soon we won't be using bottles as much - Mommy and Daddy are sick of washing them :)

I am getting used to being home by myself with the babies during the day. It's not as crazy as I thought it was going to be... but I am sure it will get more interesting as Kyle and Emily start to get more active and are awake more.

Brent had an interview yesterday for a cleaning job - it went very well and he should hear back from them tomorrow. It sounded like they are willing to work around his schedule for Primo's, so that would be great! Please pray for us - that God would open up this opportunity or another one more Brent to have more income.

As far as our house goes... we dropped the price and changed the listed to a short sale. Please pray with us that there will be more interest in our house and that God will provide a buyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory