Saturday, October 22, 2011

Update On Mommy's Back

I'm doing okay... as long as I don't do too much, I don't hurt too bad. Riding in the car is NOT fun - I feel every little bump... and the big bumps give me some sharp shooting pains.
I can hold both of the babies if I am sitting down and don't have any more pain than normal. I can pick Emily up and carry her around without a problem. If I am standing and holding Kyle, I don't have any pain, but if I pick Kyle up, it hurts pretty bad. I can't reach in their cribs to get them... or even to hold their bottles for them if they are laying in their cribs eating.
If I pick up the full water pitcher or a full gallon of milk and only use one hand, it hurts.
I have a hard time getting up off the floor by my self if I don't have anything to pull myself up on... and it hurts if I don't use both hands.
When I am brushing my teeth and bend over to spit, it hurts.
Getting in and out of the car hurts.
Putting dishes in or taking them out of the bottom tray on the dishwasher hurts.
Sleeping is getting better. I was told that sleeping flat on my back was best. My new pillow made a huge difference, but after laying on my back for four or five hours, I start to get muscles spasms. I was given a muscle relaxer to help with this, but Kyle and Emily can't have my breastmilk if I take it... so instead I have been laying on my side for a little bit and that has been helping.
I'm very thankful for all of the help from my Mom and Mike! I'm sad that they are leaving tomorrow... but on Monday, Brent's Mom will be here for 10 days to help out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory