Thursday, September 30, 2010
Another Trip to the Hosptial
Yesterday morning I woke up about 3:00am and threw up... then was very hungry, so I ate something....and then threw that up. Then then about a half an hour later, threw up again.... and then again... and that's kinda how most of my morning went. By lunch time I was VERY hungry, so I ate and it stayed down for a while....but eventually I threw it up. I was feeling pretty miserable and dehydrated, so I called my doctor and they sent me back to the OB triage to get re hydrated. I got there about 4:45 and was checked-in/registered pretty quickly, but then several ladies showed up in active labor, so I had to wait a while for a room. Brent had to leave to go to church for Wednesday night stuff, so I called Karen (my "Delaware Mom") and she came and sat with me most of the night. About 6:45 or so I finally got put in a room and they took a urine sample. The nurse didn't even wait for the doctor to tell her to start my IV because of how dehydrated I was. They pumped me full of LOTS of fluid...it took a bag and a half before I had to pee the first time...if that tells you anything! They also gave me meds to calm down my stomach. At 8:30 or so they let me eat some crackers and ginger ale. It took me almost an hour to eat/drink it.... but shortly after it was gone, some of it came back up. They gave me more don't throw up meds.... and I still threw up again a little while later. Around mid-night they sent me home.... I came home and slept better than I have slept in a long time! I ate my breakfast about an half hour ago and still don't feel like I am going to throw up!! :) So now I think it's about time to get ready and try to go to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment