Friday, January 7, 2011

First Trip to the Hospital of the New Year

I have had a pretty rough week. It started over the weekend when it felt like Kyle and Emily were doing flips in my belly. Then Monday night I started to get lower back pain and it kind of went down hill from there. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during the day I was having sporadic cramping that I was pretty sure were contractions. They got worse at night and were accompanied by lower back pain. This morning I called and spoke with a nurse at my doctor's office and she was pretty sure they were contractions too. I got sent to the hospital to get checked out. When I got to the hospital, they hooked up me to the monitors and watched my babies and my contractions. The doctor checked me all out and I am not dilated at all, which is a good thing. She said that at this stage in my pregnancy there is a fine line between what is normal and what is pre-term labor because of the fact that I am having twins. She said right now it doesn't seem to be much to worry about, but if I get to the point where I am having more than six contractions in an hour that I need to call my doctor and head to the hospital. She also said that I probably would keep having these contractions until I go into labor and have the babies... so I guess I better get used to it! We'll see what my doctor has to say at my appt next Friday.
The good news is that Kyle and Emily appear to be perfectly fine! I love my little babies and am very excited to meet them.... but I really would like them to stay in my belly for at least another 6 weeks... hopefully they will stay in there though for another 8!

3 comments:

  1. Ugg... glad both babies are healthy and that you're still able to work! Praying for them to stay inside and stay healthy for 8 more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they just want out soo badly.
    praying for them to stay content & healthy. and for you as you deal with this! :]
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you. 8+ wks! I can't believe your getting that close already.

    ReplyDelete

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory