On Tuesday I had a pretty rough day. In the late morning I started having really bad cramps right under my rib cage. I called my OB's office and they said it was probably my uterus growing; that with twins it just hurts a lot worse because my uterus is growing twice as fast as it would with just one baby. The nurse told me if the pain got worse or if I had an spotting or contractions to call them back. A little while later I had a little bit of spotting, so I called them back and was sent for an ultrasound just to make sure everything was okay. The nurse was very reassuring and said it most likely wasn't anything to worry about.
Brent couldn't go to my ultrasound with me because he had a meeting at church, so my friend Modesty went with me. Both of the babies looked great. They both were about 5 ounces and had healthy little hearts and were moving all around in my belly. The ultrasound tech informed us that Baby A is a little girl and Baby B is a little boy! I was a little sad that Brent wasn't there, but it was fun to tell him and has been fun to share the news with people.
Knowing that one baby is a little girl and one is a little boy has made the fact that we are having twins seem a little more real. We have given them names and it's weird calling them by their names and knowing that there are these two little humans inside of my belly! I am very excited for March to get here and to meet our little babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment