Last Thursday Emily got a really bad diaper rash. We tried changing her more often, using the creams that we could with the cloth diapers (not all diaper rash creams can be used with cloth diapers), and even tried putting her in a disposable diaper so that we could put other creams on her.
Friday, the rash got worse and poor Emily now had blisters. I called the doctor's office and spoke with the nurse. She told us to continue to use Triple Paste (which means using disposable diapers) and to let Emily go diaper-less when we could. She said if it wasn't looking any better in the morning, to give them a call and they would get us in.
On Saturday, Emily's bottom didn't look any better, so I called the doctor's office and we got in to see the doctor on call (yay for Saturday sick visits!). We were told Emily's rash was strep and were given an ointment to use and told to continue to use the Triple Paste with this ointment.
So for the past two days, Emily has worn disposable diapers and had creams and ointments all over her bottom. Now it's pretty much all cleared up!
This afternoon when I was changing Emily and Kyle I grabbed one cloth and one disposable. Emily grabbed the cloth diaper as soon as I put it down and went to the corner to hide under the chair with it. I took it away from her, opened up the cloth diaper and laid it on the floor to put it on Kyle. Emily walked over and sat down next to the diaper and had a big smile on her face. I them laid Kyle on the diaper and started to put it on him... when Emily realized I was putting it on Kyle and not her, she got upset... and when she saw the disposable diaper I had to put on her, she walked to the corner and hide under the chair. I think Emily misses her FuzziBunz (cloth diapers). She'll be happy to know that I am going to put a cloth diaper on her after her bath tonight! :)
I also find it funny that Emily still wears a size 2 diaper...and she's almost a year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment