I had another appointment today! It was a bit crazy getting there because the main road was closed due to a fatal car accident. Luckily, I have an amazing husband who found a way for me to get around it and get to my appointment on time!
Both of the babies look good. It's amazing to see how much bigger they have gotten in the last week. They are both about a centimeter long and have good little hearts. It's pretty cool to see their hearts beating!
The doctor told me he would see me three more times and then discharge me to my normal OB. We've decided that I am going to switch OB/Gyn's because my current one delivers at a hospital that doesn't have as good of an NICU. This wouldn't really be a concern if we were just having one baby, but because it's twins I want to make sure we are in a place that has everything they may need if there are any problems. I called the new OB's office today and made my first appointment with them for September 17th. At that point I will be nearing the end of my first trimester - pretty crazy.
Interesting fact I learned today about being pregnant: you bruise more easily. When the nurse took blood last week, it left a bruise. This isn't that abnormal for me normally, but she has taken my blood several times over the past 6 months and has only bruised me once. She explained to me that because of the increased blood flow when your pregnant you tend to bruise way easier. Which would explain the random massive bruise on the back of my leg.
I told my grandma today that I was pregnant with twins. She was way supper excited and I'm pretty sure it made her day, which made me excited.
So ecxcited for you guys. We just found out we are expecting too. I've been super sick as well so I know exactly where your coming from. Zofran is my friend.
ReplyDeleteRachel Clover