Thursday, September 8, 2016

Finally an Answer!

After months of tests, doctors appointments, horrible migraines, fatigue, a miscarriage, numbness and tingling, pain, and lots of other weird symptoms...and lots of questions without answers (or wrong answers)... I finally have an official diagnosis.

I have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE or Lupus for short).

According to Google...
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissue. This results in symptoms such as inflammation, swelling, and damage to joints, skin, kidneys, blood, the heart, and lungs.

As of right now, my lupus is affecting my joints, my skin, my hair, my nervous system, my kidneys, my heart, and my white blood cells.

The rhuematologist says that my lupus would currently be classified as moderate on the spectrum from mild to server. 

She has prescribe plaquenil to start with. I go back in 8 weeks for a follow up and to decide if the plaquenil is working or if we should try something else. 

The plan is to try to get everything under control with meds and them use a more natural approach to keep it under control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment