Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Church Update

Even though this blog is mostly about our kids, from time to time I share about other stuff going on in our lives... it's been a while and we recently had a "big" change, so I thought I would give a quick update!

Last Sunday, Brent was voted in by the congregation at our church to be moved to full time status! So, as of July 1st, Brent is a full time pastor! The full time roll comes with a few more added responsibilities at church, but we are very excited for the change!

We haven't really felt the difference of this change yet, but are excited for the new work schedule for Brent... and the fact that he will not have to drive to Lansing two days a week anymore!

Last week, we took our teens on a missions trip to Chicago. We worked with a ministry called Inner City Impact and helped facilitate a soccer camp and their day camp. I'm not going to lie and say it was a lot of fun... it was a very long and exhausting week... but I'm glad that we went and excited for the impact we were able to have.

For me, the best part of the trip was listening to Kyle talk to another little boy. They were talking about Jesus and the little boy asked what the big deal about Jesus was. Kyle responded "Jesus died on the cross and then came back to life so that we can go to Heaven. We just have to tell Him we are sorry for being bad!" While I'm not sure he really "gets it," words can't express how it makes my heart feel to hear my son sharing to Gospel with another child!

This week is Day Camp for our church... it's pretty much a VBS type program. Kyle and Emily didn't want to go on Monday, but decided today they wanted to go see what Daddy was doing and see the puppets. They are excited to go back again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment