Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Colby's Two Year Old Well Visit

Yesterday Colby has his two year old well visit.

His doctor walked into he room and said "Hi Colby" and Colby replied "Bumpa died." So we talked about that a bit and some ideas to help the kids cope and remember Bumpa. I know I've said it before, but I love our doctor. :)

Colby weighed 22 lbs 2 oz and was 36.5 inches tall. (3rd and 10th percentiles). So he's still small, but he's still growing on his own curve, so there is no concern.

We talked about trying to slowly reintroduce gluten into Colby's diet. He had some by accident and didn't react. A few days later, I gave him a tiny bit on purpose, and still no reaction. So we are going to slowly start with "hidden" gluten every few days and work our way up. If he gets sick, we'll obviously stop... I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it would be wonderful if he could even do just little bits of gluten without getting sick!

We are going back in a few months for a weight check, since failure to thrive was an issue before Colby went gluten free.

No comments:

Post a Comment