Thursday, February 7, 2013

If Breastmilk was really liquid gold...

... we would be very rich!

Colby has been amazing at latching on and nursing since he was born. About a half an hour after he was born, he nursed for an hour....

Once my milk came in, we started to have a little bit of an issue because I have WAY too much milk. I was really hoping not to have to pump at all this time around, but because I am producing way more milk than Colby is able to eat at the moment, I am pumping a couple times a day. So far, I have a little over 120 oz of breastmilk frozen... and Colby is only 10 days old...

If I don't pump, then Colby has a really hard time eating when my boobs get really full... they just spray him in the face and he gets frustrated and will only eat for a couple minutes... then wants to eat again a half an hour later... But if I pump a little bit when I am full, then Colby latches right on and will eat for ten to fifteen minutes and be full for at least two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment