Wednesday, January 16, 2013

37 Week Prenatal Appointment

I went to the doctor this morning to get all checked out. I was supposed to see my doctor today, but she was out with the flu, so I saw one of the midwifes at the practice. She was a different one that I hadn't met yet, but really enjoyed meeting her!

Colby's heart sounded good... and he was kicked and squirming all over the place while she was trying to listen.

I've lost more weight... and my belly hasn't grown much in the past week. I was told at this point its nothing to worry about, but if I loose more weight and my belly doesn't grow in the next week, we may have to worry... she told me to eat and eat and eat, but not to eat too much and make myself sick.

Colby is head down still and she said he is far enough down that we shouldn't have to worry about him flipping at this point.

I tested positive for Group B Strep... so when I go into labor I have to have to rounds of IV antibiotics. (I don't know if I was positive for not with Emily and Kyle... I went into labor before we got my results back, so I got the antibiotics anyway.) This really isn't that big of a deal as long as I get to the hospital in time to get all of the antibiotics... if not, Colby will just have to have a bunch of extra screenings as he's born to make sure the bacteria isn't going to make him sick.

And I got the whole "It could be any day now or it could still be two weeks from now" speech. My guess is still sometime next week...

This past Saturday I had contractions 2-3 minutes apart for about six hours. We debated going to the hospital, but ended up not going because I really didn't think I was in labor... and we had enough false alarms with Emily and Kyle to last through this pregnancy too! I got the "you should have called the on call doctor" speech... but then she told me that I probably made the right call by not going to the hospital. The intensity of the contractions were about the same for the whole six hours... if they would have gotten worse, then I would have called the on call doctor... The midwife I saw today said it sounds like I made the right decision for the right reasons, but did warn me that because of the positive GBS and the fact that we are a little bit farther from the hospital (about 40 minutes or so depending on traffic), that we do need to head to the hospital sooner rather than later...  

No comments:

Post a Comment