Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Bedtime Adventure

Wednesday nights are typically a little crazy because stuff at church doesn't start until 6:30 or so... and we normally start getting Emily and Kyle ready for bed about 6:30. They have done amazing well. The same couple are in the nursery with them every Wednesday night and they are normally the only kids there. Emily and Kyle LOVE playing with Dan and Cathy... they even have started calling them Grandma Cathy and Grandpa Dan. I'm 100% sure that its because they love them so much that we don't have much of an issue staying up past bedtime on Wednesday nights.

Last night was the teens' Christmas Party at church... so it was a little bit longer than our normal Wednesday Night. The kiddos hung out in the nursery until their normal time, and then Mommy took the kiddos home for bed while Daddy stayed for the remainder of the party!

The kids and I got home last night about 8:45 or so (which is about normal for a Wednesday night). We had already picked up toys before we went to church, so we just needed to do baths and our normal bed time routine. Baths are a little bit of a challenge by yourself with two toddlers... and even more so when you're almost 8 months pregnant.. but we managed and got two clean kiddos. I got Emily and Kyle dried off, diapered, covered in lotion, and into jammies without too hard of a time. Then we read the Bible... and then got monkeys (sleep sacks) on... just like normal. Then we prayed... Emily and Kyle sort of prayed like they normally do...then I started the pray... and that's when the excitement started...

Kyle was sitting in my lap and Emily next to me and everyone was content. Then Kyle started bouncing up and down in my lap and Emily decided she wanted to join him. As Emily threw herself in my lap, Kyle decided to throw himself back into me to keep Emily out. This resulted in Kyle's head hitting me square in the nose... hard enough that it made him cry... and my nose bleed... and me cry...

Kyle was upset because his head hurt and he realized that he hurt me... Emily was upset because there was LOTS of blood and because I was crying. I was trying to calm them down... and calm myself down... and not get blood everywhere... I'm guessing it probably would have been pretty funny to watch...

After about ten minutes, I finally stopped bleeding... and got the kids to calm down and I got them in bed. It may have been the longest 10 minutes of my life (and that include the 10 minutes or so we spent waiting for the ambulance to come when I broke my back)! It was craziness!

I'm pretty sure Kyle broke my nose. It's bruised and swollen...it hurts to wear my glasses... and my eyes are too puffy to put my contacts in... my whole face is pretty much throbbing and as been since last night... But my nose is still straight, so there is nothing a doctor would do besides give me something for the pain, so I'm not going to go... unless things get worse...

And poor Kyle knows that he hurt me. The first thing he said to me this morning was "orry mama, love you" and gave me kisses....

No comments:

Post a Comment