Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's A....

SURPRISE!

Yesterday I had my 20 week anatomy ultrasound and a prenatal appointment.



The ultrasound went well. I saw 10 fingers and 10 toes and all kinds of other little body parts. The baby was moving and flipping around during most of the ultrasound. The baby's heart beat was 155 bpm and is estimated to be 14oz. Everything measured right on track.



Because my due date has been in question from the start and the baby keeps measuring a couple days different at each of the ultrasounds, we weren't sure what the "official" due date was. Yesterday I was given the official due date of February 2.


My appointment went well. My blood pressure and everything else looked good. I had seen a neurologist last week because of my headaches/migraines and he recommended that my OB put me on magnesium to help prevent my headaches and migraines. After talking about it, because I have been only have one or so a week, instead of the five or six I was having, we are going to hold off of the magnesium for now. If my headaches start getting worse again, then my OB will go ahead and give me an RX.



As far of finding out the gender of the baby.... I felt like I really didn't have a choice. I had so many people that I felt pressure from to find out. I had lots of comments about how it would just be easier to know for this reason and that... and lots of negative reactions when I said I didn't think I wanted to know. That being said... for now... the gender will remain a surprise!

1 comment:

  1. That's really true, whatever our reason for not learning our baby's gender, some people in our life will have an opinion.

    ReplyDelete