Emily and Kyle are growing up so quickly!
The toddles are best friends... most of the time. They love to play with each other and share toys (most of the time). If one of them has something (a toy, a drink, a snack), they typically want to make sure the other one has one too. With toys, they will find two of the same toy they want to play with, and give the other twin one of the toys; Emily has a tendency to upset if she is trying to give a toy to Kyle and he doesn't want to play with it. They also get very concerned if they don't know where their brother/sister is. They also like to share their food; they will pass food back and forth in their high chairs or just feed each other if they aren't in their high chairs.
When one of the toddles is sick or upset, the other one gets very concerned. When Emily is crying, most of the time Kyle will try to give her hugs and kisses (which normally just makes her more upset...). When Kyle is upset, Emily will trying to rub his back or give him a toy to play with.
We have changed up our schedule a little bit...
- 7:15am - typically the time the toddles wake up
- 8:00am - eat breakfast
- 9:00am - morning nap/rest time
- 10:30am - wake up and have a snack
- 12:00pm - lunch time
- 1:00pm - nap time
- 3:30-4:30pm - wake up and have a snack
- 5:30pm - dinner
- 7:00-8:00pm - bath and then bedtime
I hope to get rid of the morning nap in the next couple months. Most of the time, Emily sleeps during their morning nap, but Kyle only does about half of the time. The days Kyle doesn't sleep, he does lay down and rest quietly though.
Emily and Kyle currently are in love with Bananas. They tend to inhale them. Other favorite snacks/food include broccoli, gold fishes, and Teddy Grahams.
We have been letting Emily and Kyle watch the Olympics a little bit... and they love it. When watching any sport with a ball and constantly point to the TV and say "ball" over and over again. When we watch swimming or diving, they say "pash" (splash) over and over again. They also like to watch the rowing and other boats... and of course, they say "bot" (boat) over and over again.
Emily and Kyle both can climb stairs efficiently (even though Daddy doesn't want Mommy to let them). Most of the time, they will sit at the bottom and wait for a grown up to tell them its okay to climb, but sometimes they climb on their own... which results in getting spanked. They will also stand at the top of the stairs and ask to be picked up when they want down. If it's only a step or two, they will sit down and go down on their bottoms. Kyle has also gotten good at going down one step holding someone's hand.
Kyle and Emily both know what van is ours. If we are leaving the house, we typically let them walk and tell them to go find our "vroom vroom" and they will walk right to our van. They even know which side of the van their car seats are on.
Emily and Kyle know that cells phones are for talking on. They like to hold them up to their ears and talk into them. They both have gotten very good at unlocking Mommy's phone and calling people (mostly Grandma Franks) on Mommy's speed dial. Emily and Kyle loves to carry my phone around during the day, and they typically leave it in weird spots. If I ask them to find Mommy's phone, most of the time one of them will walk right to where my phone is and bring it to me.
The toddles are getting to be good helpers. Most of the time, they will help pick up their toys. They will carry their sippies to the van when we are going places. If they are help up to a light switch, they will turn the light on or off. Kyle and Emily love to help put things in the dryer.
When Emily and Kyle are hungry, they smack their lips. Kyle has also learned how to get himself into his high chair.
- Emily finally got more teeth! In the past two days, her front two top teeth have cut through... so Emily now has four teeth!
- About two weeks ago, Emily weighed 16lbs1oz with a wet diaper on... not on the growth chart
- Emily can point out most of her body parts and can point out other people's too.
- Emily says "Hi," "Whoa," "Bye Bye," "Ball," "Bird," "Vroom Vroom" (car), "Mama," "Mommy," "Dada," "Daddy," "Where's (insert name or object)" around with a shoulder shrug, "Gampa," "Bob" (dog), "Emily," "Bot" (boat), "Pash" (splash), "Block," Boda" (brother), "Ky" (Kyle), "Side" (outside), "Gama," "Duck," "Amen," and tons of other words in her own language
- Emily does not like it when a grandma or grandpa tells her no and getting into trouble by them... she cries really hard... it's kind of funny.
- Kyle has eight front teeth (four on top and four on bottom) and all four of his 18 month molars... for a total of 12 teeth.
- Today Kyle weighed in at 19lbs7oz... not on the growth chart
- Kyle can point out most of his body parts, but prefers to point them out on other people.
- Kyle says "Hi," "Bye," "Ball," "Vroom Vroom" (car), "Mama," "Mommy," "Dada," "Gampa," "Bob" (dog), "Bot" (boat), "Pash" (splash), "Block," "Sissss" (sister), "Sit," "sho" (shoe), "Duck," "Side" (outside), "Mmmm" (yum), and lots of other words in his own language
(I know there aren't any pictures... I'll try to get some up tomorrow)