It's hard to believe that in just a month my babies are going to be ONE year olds! It's crazy!!
- 6:00 am - Bottle in bed
- Normally sometime between 7:30 and 8:00 am - wake up, get clean diapers, and play for a little bit
- 8:30 am - Breakfast
- Sometime between 9:30 and 10:00 am - Get dressed for the day, get clean diapers, drink a bottle, and take a nap
- Noon- Wake up, get clean diapers, and eat lunch
- 12:30 pm - play, play, play - if it's nice outside, we've been taking a walk after we are done eating lunch
- 2:00 pm - get clean diapers and drink a bottle
- 3:00 pm - snack
- 3:30 pm - nap time
- When the babies wake up or decide they aren't taking afternoon naps - get clean diapers and play
- 5:00 pm - Dinner
- 5:30 pm - Bath time
- Between 6:00 and 7:00 pm - Bottles, Bible, Prayer, and Bedtime
We tend to stick to a similar menu everyday... mostly because I am really bad at coming up with stuff for the babies to eat that is some what healthy... I am very open for suggestions...
- Breakfast - Emily and Kyle normally eat yogurt and a banana. Sometimes we switch up the fruit to pears or peaches, and if we have pancakes or waffles, they get those very once in a while.
- Lunch - Emily and Kyle normally eat a cheese quesadilla and either some fruit or applesauce. Sometime I put pureed veggies or a piece of lunch meat on their quesadilla, The past two days, they have also had a pouch at lunch time.
- Dinner - Emily and Kyle normally have chicken and mixed veggies.
- Snacks - Emily and Kyle normally have the Gerber lil' muncher sticks as snacks. They really like the veggie dip ones and the cheese ones. They also have puffs, yogurt melts, and dried fruit pieces.
They have had bits and pieces of a lot of different foods. Pretty much any time Brent or I have food around them, they want it. They enjoy noodles, mac and cheese, cottage cheese, bread...'
For bath time we have started giving Emily and Kyle their baths together. We lay a towel down in the bottle of the bath tub so they can sit up without slipping all over the place. It is a lot of fun to watch them splash and interact together in the water.
Most of our "play time" is spent in Emily and Kyle's bedroom. We put the gate up in their doorway, so it makes it easy to keep both of them contained (and it helps to keep all their toys contained). Once in a while we play downstairs and they loves to get into everything. They also love to play with the front door and the mail slot. They both get all excited when we let them play in other parts of the house besides their bedroom.
- Emily is wearing mostly size 6 month clothes. She has couple things that are 3-6 months that still fit her, but they are almost ready to be boxed up.
- Emily is wearing a size 3 shoe.
- Emily weighs about 15 lbs.
- Emily's preferred method of transportation is walking
- Emily loves to talk and to shreek.
- Emily loves to wave at everyone.
- Emily loves to eat! She stuff as much as she can in her mouth at one time, chews it and swallows it all, and then stuffs her mouth again!
- Emily likes to wear Kyle's helmet. She didn't used to like it, but the past couple weeks when we have put it on her she gets all smiley and walks around banging her head on stuff.
- Emily still doesn't have any teeth.
- Emily knows how to clap and give high fives.
- Emily loves to play pee-a-boo. She's learned how to cover her face with a blanket and excepts you to play pee-a-boo with her when she covers her face and then uncovers it. She also likes to play pee-a-boo with Kyle using objects in their room to hide behind.
- Emily likes to walk to Mommy and Daddy and give them hugs. She also gives us open mouth kisses.
- Kyle is wearing mostly size 9 month clothes, but still has several 6 month and 6-9 month outfits that fit him.
- Kyle is wearing a size 5 shoe.
- Kyle weighs about 18 lbs.
- Kyle can finally walk! He does a good share of both walking and crawling.
- Kyle loves to talk and make noises with his mouth.
- Kyle likes to people watch and loves to smile at people when they notice him.
- Kyle likes to eat. Most things he will shove right in his mouth, but he is big on texture and temp. The only cold thing he really likes is yogurt; other than that he tends to want things at room temp. Also, if he gets too many different textures in his mouth at the same time, he'll spit it all out and put part of what he spit out back in his mouth.
- Kyle is almost done with his helmet! We go to the doctor in 14 days and they should give us the all clear to be done!
- Kyle has four teeth. Two on bottom and two on top.
- Kyle knows how to clap and loves to give people high fives.
- Kyle likes to play peek-a-boo with Emily.
- Kyle LOVES to play with blankets. He loves to be under them and crawl and walk around with a blanket over his head. He also really likes it when someone is under the blanket with him.
- Kyle will give Mommy kisses if she asks for them. He loves to give Emily kisses too!