Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mommy Still has a Broken Back

I went to the doctor's this morning. My back is still broken. But is healing.
The doctor said the majority of my pain/numbness/tingling is being caused by inflammation around my spine above my break. He said this is most likely caused by my posture being different from breaking my back. I'm supposed to try to sit up and stand up straight all the time... it should help. Also, continuing to use my TENS unit, heat, and ice should help.
The doctor said it was okay to pick up both babies at the same time when I needed to, just not to hold on to them both for long periods of time.
Still shouldn't be doing laundry or emptying the bottom shelve of the dishwasher.
He wrote me a script for another month of therapy. If I'm still having lots of problems at that point, then I am to go back and see him to talk about surgery treatment options.
He said that I am probably going to have pain for about a year from my fall...and after that it will probably both me every once in a while for the rest of my life. But the goal is to be able to have more good days than bad days..... and right now, there are still more bad days....

No comments:

Post a Comment