Friday, December 9, 2011

A long day....

This morning started out early for me with physical therapy. After therapy, I came home to two happy babies... who both wanted to sit in my lap. It's kind of cute that they fight over my lap when I am sitting on the floor playing with them... but it gets a little old pretty quickly. They like to shove and push each other out of the way so they can have more room... or all of my lap! Silly babies :)

Kyle and Emily took a nice long nap this morning, which allowed me to get a bunch of stuff done, including relaxing a little bit.

When they woke up, I went into their room to change diapers and put clothes on them (they still had their jammies on). I changed Emily and then Kyle. They were sitting on the floor playing while I took care of their dirty diapers and dirty clothes. When I went back into their room, I noticed a clean diaper sitting on the floor. I really didn't think much of it, just thought I had grabbed three diapers instead of two. I thew it back in the bin with the other clean ones. We played for a little while and then I took Kyle and Emily downstairs to eat lunch. When I picked Emily up, I thought something felt weird, but quickly moved on to the task at hand of getting both babies downstairs safely. I clicked Kyle into his highchair and then went to click Emily in... Her straps seemed to be really loose. It was then I realized that I hadn't grabbed three clean diapers... I only grabbed two... and I forgot to put a new diaper on Emily after I took her dirty one off! My baby girl did good though... she was diaperless for about 20 minutes and didn't make any messes!

After the babies ate, we went to go visit Brent at work. I really wanted Primos, so I called Brent and told him we were coming when we were playing upstairs. Then I decided against it because it would mean leaving the house with both babies by myself. But then I realized that I was going to have to go out by my self with the babies again at some point, so why not now.... So, for the first time since I broke my back, Emily, Kyle, and I ventured out into the world. It was a little interesting to get both babies into the car and into their big kid car seats... to get the diaper bag and everything else we needed to take with us... and to get the door lock. But we did it... and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was a little bit harder getting everyone and everything back in once we got back home, but I made it work! :)

Once we got home, I tried to get the babies to take an afternoon nap... but they wanted nothing to do with it. So we played :)


It's amazing how mobile Kyle and Emily have become in the past couple weeks. They are everywhere and into everything! They love to be up and walking around.

After Brent got home from work, we went for a walk... in December... without winter jackets! It's crazy how warm it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment